As I promised yesterday on my snapchat, I will be sharing 10 super-easy steps to achieving the perfect everyday makeup look.
1. Starting off with a clean face, I moisturize with Nuetrogena's oil-free moisture with sunscreen spf 15. I like to make sure I massage the moisturizer onto my face and whatever is left over I usually apply onto my neck.
2. After moisturizing with Neutrogena, I apply YSL's Touche Eclat Blur Primer onto my face. A little goes a long way so remember not to apply too much of every product.
3. Next, I grab Laura Mercier's oil free supreme foundation in Sunny Beige and using my Mac 187 Duo Fibre Brush I start blending my foundation in a circular motion, starting from my outer cheeks and I work my way into my T-zone and neck. Remember not to apply your foundation in areas where you'll be using concealer.
4. Once my foundation is on, I use Urban Decay's weightless complete coverage concealer in medium-dark. In my opinion the most effective technique to applying concealer is to draw a triangle with the base under your eye and the point toward your cheek, then using a Beauty Blender to blend out the concealer. Not only does using this technique conceal dark circles but it also brightens your face and draws more attention to your eyes.
6. Contour Time!! I grab my favorite product, Chanel's Les Beige Healthy Glow Multicolor broad spectrum SPF 15 sunscreen; I love this product because it works as a highlighter, a sculpting powder, a bronzer, and a blush all with a sheer and natural finish. Applying with Mac's 109 Small Contour brush, I start right below my hairline at the top of my forehead, on the right and left side of my forehead (near my hairline on both sides), in the hallows of my cheeks (to find them suck your cheeks in), both left and right side of my nose, along my jawline on both sides, from my ears to the tip of your chin. It sort of sounds like a lot of work and makeup but I am not applying a lot of the product. I am simply applying a quick sweep in those areas to highlight and contour my face.
7. Don't make me BLUSH!! hahaha... For a blush I use the Coral shade in Lorac's PRO to-go palette. Typically, people think you should apply your blush on the apples of your cheeks but I'd say that's pretty old school and clown-like. So, to avoid looking like a clown you want to apply your blush up along your cheek bone, using your eye as a guide for your starting point. I do this technique using Sephora Collection Pro Angled Blush Brush #49.
8. Blush is on and now I lightly fill in my brows with Benefit's Instant Brown Pencil in "deep" shade. I like them to look as natural as possible so I use strokes going upward with the pencil and finish with using the brush on the other side of the pencil to fluff them up.
9. Now that my brows are finished I use Sumptuous Bold Volume Lifting mascara by Este Lauder in black and apply the mascara starting from the roots of my lashes and go upward in a zig-zag motion to avoid getting mascara on my eyelid.
10. Finishing my look off, I apply Glossier's coconut balm to my lips and VUALA!!!! Picture Perfect!!
I tagged all products into this post just in case you guys wanted to purchase any of the products.